Melbourne Time

Playlist - My Travel Videos

Sunday 16 March 2014

28. Chur Accomodation Changed

Recently when I went to the booking site, I noticed a hotel in Chur that I hadn't seen before and I really liked it. Rather than staying at a hostel, I'm now staying in a lovely old historical hotel built in 1793 called Hotel Drei Könige. It's in the "Old Town" filled with cobble stones, no cars and hundreds of years of history. I just know I'm going to enjoy staying here.

Hotel Drei Könige

The hotel is at Reichsgasse 18, 7000 Chur. A single room with breakfast is 65 Swiss francs, the hotel has a lift, restaurant and a souvenir shop.


The single room has a shared bathroom but hey, it's cheaper than getting a room with your own so it's within budget range. And, they have Currecny Exchange plus they offer packed lunches - good for those doing a day's hiking or catching an early train (like me.) I can't decide whether I like the pretty cream room at the top or the honey pine one below. They both look nice. One of the things that makes me choose a place is the warm, inviting look.

Room Facilities: Mountain view, Telephone, Cable channels, Flat-screen TV, Safe, Desk, Heating, Hardwood/Parquet floors, Wardrobe/Closet, Hairdryer, Shared bathroom, Free toiletries, Shared toilet, Wake up service/Alarm clock.
Room with a flat-screen TV, a telephone and a sink.



The dining room and buffet breakfast goodies look good don't they? And that dining room has the warm feel to it I mentioned. It looks homely and welcoming.



According to the website, my room has a mountain view. Imagine looking out the window and seeing Swiss mountains in the distance! Unless of course it's one of those selling point views so favoured by real estate agents when selling a property who proclaim "sea views" and you find the only sea view is if you stand on a chair in the bathroom/toilet and poke your head out the window, hold it on an angle and you can see half an inch of blue! Ha!

No comments: